While walking down nostalgia lane, I got to thinking about all of the other random things that send my heart and mind sailing back to my childhood. I'm not sure why these specific things stand out to me, but they must have played some sort of important roll in my life because they all bring back happy memories.
- Wind Breakers- These were something that we wore growing up and I suppose *fingers crossed* that they were really cool.
- Cassette Tapes- I find it so odd that our parents lived without computers. One day we will be telling our children that we lived for some time without IPods, or even CDs! The cassette tape is where it was at! [I specifically remember listening to Lyle Lovett over and over again with my dad on long drives]
- Caramel Apple Pops- These suckers were one of my favorite growing up!
- Tyson Chicken Nuggets- I feel like we ate these at least once a week for dinner with Kraft macaroni and cheese.
- Christmas Music- Christmas was, and still is my favorite holiday and time of year. My house was always filled with so much joy and happiness, especially around this time of year so any time I hear Christmas music I think back to my and my mama decorating the tree together with white lights and pearls. Something I'll never forget. [Still one of my all time favorite holiday albums.]
What takes you back to your childhood?